AUTOMATED PRISON MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The introduction of computer has brought many changes to various fields, such as prison, health sector, hotel, banks and in business sector. This project is based on automated prison management system that is, to automate the routine function of prison management system and overcome the problems associated with the present system and to also improve the existing manuals system by introducing a computerized system. The new proposed system is designed to eliminate human errors and magistrate in computation of sentences by introducing an efficient and effective computerized system.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title page i
Table of content v
- INTRODUCTION 1
- General overview 1
- Statement of the project 3
- Aim and objective 3
- Project methodology 4
- Scope of the project 5
- Limitation of the project 5
- LITERATURE REVIEW 6
- The computerized jail management system 6
- Jail management features 6
- Demerit of jail management system compared with 7
- The computerized jail management system 6
2.2 The management of Prison Justice 7
2.2.1 Features of the software 8
2.3 Jail management computerized (JMC) 8
2.3.1 Feature of jail management computerized 8
2.3.2 Demerit of jail management computerized compared with prison management system 9
2.4.1 Computerized arrest and bailing system
feature and benefit 10
- SYSTEM ANALYSIS AND DESIGN 13
- system analysis 13
- analysis of the proposed system 13
- Description of the proposed system 13
- The proposed system design 14
- Output design 14
- Input design 18
- System security 18
- SYSTEM IMPLEMENTATION AND DOCUMENTATION
- Introduction 19
- Hardware requirement 20
- Software requirement 20
- Change over procedure 20
- User operational, manual and system documentation.22
- SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION 23
- Summary 23
- Conclusion 23
- Recommendation 24
1.1 GENERAL OVERVIEW
Automated prison management system is the collection of register cases for each prisoner entering the prison for automated release diary generator. A good system for prison service should be automated, because it enhances the administrative and experience to design, develop and implement a prison management system for prison defense and security.
In spite of the benefits of the use of computer to provide timely and accurate information, which is absent in most of Nigeria prison, it is not all problem arises as to how computer can be utilize that is programmed to achieve desire result.
The introduction of computer has brought many changes to various fields, such as prison, health sector, hotel, bank and in business sector generally. Just because it helps to carry out complex and lengthy analytical operation very rapidly to effective communication system, it is also time saving, versatile, flexible storage of large information and reduce human labour.
The prison is a very large yard where prisoners, warders and other prisons staff reside. Researchers, prison staffs like any other human will always latest technology in the field so as to reduce stress encountered in their fields. In developed countries of the world, people are already fighting on how prisoners can gain access to the internet in their cell room or their common room. This electronic technology offers the competitive speed which is important for the prisoners.
Imprisonment as a form of punishing offenders was not too many pre- colonial communities in Africa. The day sentence is pass to a person, is the day he/ she becomes a prisoners even before getting to the fore walls of the prison yards. Immediately the sentence is passed, the prison officer becomes the middle men between the government and the prisoners. The prisoners on his/her own part will do any thing within his or her own limit to see that he does not spend a minutes beyond the sentenced given while government will not want to do away with prisoners until every bits of the jail terms or otherwise is completely secured.
The instrument used by the prison officer to see that both parties are satisfactorily treated this is the computation of sentence. Hence it is defined as the determination of the earliest day release (EDR) and latest day release (LDR) of the prisoners.
To this end, a micro computer based prison management system will be developing to practically alert the prison staff of the capability of a computer for effective services. In this project attention will be based on automated prison management system.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The manual method has over the year proven faculty. This is due to several reasons:
- Inability to locate record: due to the fact that the records are so many, some of them are not located easily this happens especially when the order of arrangement.
- Bulky records: this is because the records are so many that they eventually take up a lot of unnecessary.
- Missing records: this is because the records are so many that they eventually tae up a lot of unnecessary.
- Difficulties are encountered in granting requests to people who come for investigation or research and prison staff.
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVE.
The ultimate aim of the study is to automate the routine function of prison management system and overcome the problems associated with the present system.
The aim and objectives are to handle the following;
- To improve the existing manuals system by introducing a computerized system.
- To reduce human dependability and lapses.
- To design a system for easy information storage update and retrieval.
- Court report can be prepared easily.
- To bring into focus the important of computer in prison management.
- To improve the operational speed for faster calculation of sentences.
- To provide facility for good access to date store in the data base.
1.4 PROJECT METHODOLOGY
This is the method, ruled or ways of collecting data of research. The project would be carried out by simulating a manual system with automated system. Electing all necessary information was done by interviewing some staffs. The aim of the survey (interview and inquiries) is to establish the existing utilization of computer by operators (prison management) if any, also to identify areas that do not already have computer and identify the barriers to owing and using computers. One of the staff that assisted in giving relevant information was A.C.P (assistance controller of prison)