Design And Implementation Of A Drug Inventory And Management System
Design and implementation of a drug inventory and management system is a large database system which can be used for managing a pharmacy’s important files and drugs, after the various drugs available are been keyed or authenticated by the user into the system. The computerized system allows users to access almost all of their pharmacy’s information after access is been granted by the system. a drug inventory and management system is configurable and can run on hundreds or even thousands of systems at a time at any place. Generally speaking, it is a platform that can equally run on Local Area Network (LAN). However, if the pharmacy’s computerized system is configured to be a public server with a static IP (Internet Protocol) or domain name it would have a boundary unlimited, wherever you are once you have an internet connection and information detecting system for a pharmacy is client installed, you can logon to the computerized system server easily just the same as if you were sitting in the organizations office. However, the speed provided up to both the client’s and server’s internet speed could make the organization staff’s life easier than ever. Using a drug inventory and management system , security and access of information is just a few seconds away which might have cost hours or ever days before.
Design and implementation of a drug inventory and management system is the core foundation of any pharmacy that needs to improve on their system security, to ensure the development of open-minded and effective organizational performance. Advanced technology available today can play a crucial role in streamlining system security-related processes to promote solidarity and integrity among pharmacy.
1.1 Statement of the Problem
To help promote files and system security, pharmacies must have access to complete, accurate and effective security procedure to secure and monitor their files. Due to the inefficiency of the current manual system, various problems have been encountered which includes;
- Incessant breach of classified information by unauthorized or disgruntled staff.
- Lack of effective database management system.
- The use of pen and paper in recording information, which can be misplaced.
- Loss of system integrity due to multiple access point.
1.2 The Purpose Of The Study
Below is the purpose of this research;
- To enhance the service and work output of Lily pharmacy Ikot Ekpene in terms of drug management.
1.3 Aim and Objectives of the Study
The aim of this research project is to develop a drug inventory and management system.
The objectives of the system includes:
- To design a system that will be use in enhancing information management in pharmacy.
- To design a system that will help reduce the incessant loss and intrusion of files.
- To design a system that will be cost effective as well as user friendly and convenient.
- To enhance the service and work output of Lily pharmacy, Ikot Ekpene.
1.4 Significance of the Project