Design And Implementation Of Automated Water Billing Utility Service Project.
DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AUTOMATED WATER BILLING UTILITY SERVICE
- Introduction To Design And Implementation Of Automated Water Billing Utility Service.
Effective billing and collection systems are a critical component for ensuring the viability of a service provider. Improving billing and collection activities has an immediate impact on the revenue streams of a service provider that can, in turn, help the service provider in improving services.
However, while effective billing and collection practices depend on many internal factors (including customer databases, the extent of metered and unmetered service provision, tariff and billing structures, delivery of bills, and facilities for customer payments), the institutional arrangements under which service providers operate and provide services determine whether such practices will remain sustainable in the long term.
Efficient billing and collection practices can set incentives for the provider to effectively charge and collect water bills while also fulfilling a commercial orientation to services.
Most water utilities and service providers are under severe financial strain, with insufficient funds for routine maintenance, replacement, and expansion.
Poor financial health is a result of a number of factors including inefficient operations, poor levels and/or absence of metering, poor billing and collection practices, poor structure and levels of water tariffs, increased and inefficient operational costs, and weak management.
Billing and collection systems hence are critical for ensuring financial sustainability and for achieving cost recovery, especially if a service provider is looking to expand services and improve the equity of service provision .
1.1 Statement of the Problem To Design And Implementation Of Automated Water Billing Utility Service.
The following problems were identified to be faced by water billing companies like Akwa Ibom water company:
- The manual approach of billing customers is associated with numerous errors and mistakes.
- It is difficult to get accumulated bills from customers as tracking payments manually is difficult.
- It is difficult to accurately compute water bills.
- Delay in getting reports that pertain to water bills.
1.2 Aim and Objectives of the Study Of Design And Implementation Of Automated Water Billing Utility Service.
The aim of the study is to design and implement automated water billing utility service system.The following are the objectives of the study to realize the aim:
- To design a system that will be used to capture water billing details to database.
- To develop a system that can be used to compute water bill
- To design a system that can be used to present reports of water billing.
- Significance of the Study Of Design And Implementation Of Automated Water Billing Utility Service.
The significance of the study is that it will provide a more accurate and reliable approach to the computation of water bills as well as the storage and retrieval of bill records of consumers. The study will also serve as a useful reference material for other researchers seeking related information on water billing.
- Scope of the Study
There are no inquiries yet.