THE PLACE OF IN-HOUSE JOURNAL IN THE LIFE OF A COMMERCIAL ORGANIZATION
TABLE OF CONTENTS
|Table of content||vi|
|1.1||Background of the study||1|
|1.2||Statement of the problem||1|
|1.3||Objective of the study||1-2|
|1.5||The significance to the study||2|
|1.6||Scope of the study||2|
|1.7||Definition of terms||2|
|CHAPTER TWO (LITERATURE REVIEW)|
|2.2||Theoretical frame work||3-9|
|2.3||Historical background of Nigeria Bottling Company PLC Ilorin||9-10|
CHAPTER THREE (RESEARCH METHODOLOGY)
|3.2||Area of study||11|
|3.7||Validity reliable of research instrument||12|
|4.0||Data presentation and analysis||13|
|4.1||Restatement of research question||13|
|5.0||Summary, Recommendation and Conclusion||14|
- Background to the Study
IN- HOUSE journals have been given a variety of names, such as newsletters, employee newspapers and company newspapers, but, in effect, they carry out the same function. House journals are private publication and are there fore discussed separately from the commercial press. Over the years they have tended to change from pulpits to change from pulpits employers to preach from to supporting more open forms of management employee relation.
The typical house journal of the past anal purpose affair with lots of photographs of men in suits, giving one to work for is now more or less moribund. From its inaugural session the United States House Representatives has kept a journal of its proceedings, in accordance with Article I, section 5 of the constitution which provides that Each house shall keep a journal of its proceedings, and from time to time publish the same excepting such parts as may in their judgment require secrecy and the years and nays of the members of either House, on any question shall at the desire of one fifth of those present be entered on the journal.
The printed version published by order of the House of Representatives is presented here in electronic from.
The journal should be seen as the minutes of floor action. It notes the matters considered by the House and the votes and other action taken. It
does not record the actual debates, which can be consulted through the “link to date related documents” in the full text transcription of the journal.
1.2 Statement of Problem
Company publications have been identified as a major tool of every public relation department in engineering the success of the organization.
Also, the tendency of the employee or management to misinterpret the information issued or published by the public relation department might lead to the misunderstanding of the information.
This study shall therefore examine how to the problem through the use of in-house journal.
- Objective of the Study
- The importance and the place of in-house journal in the life of commercial organization.
- To fine out how management and employee can effectively utilized the information research hem from the public relation department to promote the company’s image and also maximize profit in return.
- To find out how they reach to information and how the reaction improve the society in general.
- To assess the contribution of in house organ to individual harmony at the organization.
- To know how it enhance staff relationship.
- Research Question
This study is intended to answer the following questions.
- what importance does the place in-house journal play in the life of commercial organization?
- Does the management and employees effectively utilize the information reaching them from the public relation department to promote the company’s image and also maximize profit in return?
- Does the management and staff reach to information and how does the reaction improve society in general
- What are the contributions of in-house to individual harmony at the organization?
- does it enhance staff relationship?
1.5 The Significance to the Study
The importance of the study is to discover the relevant of company’s image through effective communication.
The study is also of great importance in the sense that is meant to find out if in-house organs serve as a mean of creating awareness on the company goals and objective work will also provide hints on how to go about achieving a good company publication.
1.6 Scope of the Study
This study is carried out to identify the importance and the place of in-house journal in the life of commercial organization.
The study is also meant to find out how management and employees can effectively utilized the information reaching them from the public relation department to promote the company’s image and also maximize profit return.
Finally, the study is aimed at finding out how they react to information and how the improve the society in general.
1.7 Definition of Terms
IN-HOUSE JOURNAL: – this is kind of magazine in journal produced within the organization normally focus on organization politics, product etc it not paid for.
COMMERCIAL: this refer to advertising paid classified message on newspaper, magazine, bull board e.t.c
ORGANIZATION: A social unit of people systematically structured and manager to meet a need or peruse collective goal.